Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Jamie Parrett's Prelim Overall

I think our final film was very good as we tired to stick to the brief and include what it wanted. I feel that the match on action and 180 degree rule were both performed to great effect and to a high standard. The editing which I performed on the film turned out to be really good and allowed the film to flow through without the audience becoming confused. I also think the sounds added to the piece built the tension in the way that the group wanted it. I thought that the use of parallel editing between the exam room and the student running was used really well as it was showing to the audience how the time was passing by through the film. I feel that the white balance on some of the clips could and should have been improved by adding artificial light where it was needed. My role in the group was to concentrate on the match on action and to make sure when I edited the film that the foot coming through the door was the same foot which started to go through the door in the shot before. I think that went very well as the two shots flowed and didn't look out of synch. I also thought that we applied the 180 degree rule well as during the conversation, the rule wasn't broken. This shot also had the shot reserve shot in which also went well as the shots look realistic and the audience felt that they were there listening into the conversation.


The match on action was when the student was running thought the door into the exam room.


The 180 degree rule and the shot reserve shot were applied when the conversation was taking place between the teacher and the student at the end of the film.


Overall, I think that our project went well and that everyone equally spread the amount of work needed to do and that the group made sure that all the elements that needed to be included were as well as the group enjoyed the task set.

1 comment:

  1. Again a bit limited I would like to see some more illustration here, where you refer to the light add a still, the more detail the more you can be rewarded for it

    ReplyDelete